June 18, 2015
INTERN ARCHITECT - JOB DESCRIPTION
KSS Architects is currently looking for creative, talented and team-oriented architects. We are currently looking for intern architects with 1 to 3 years of experience. The ideal candidate should be passionate about exceptional design, work well with people, and communicate their ideas and approach in a clear and thoughtful manner. You will work collectively with our dynamic firm to develop innovative, thoughtful and technical solutions for a range of client and project types.
We consistently use creativity to turn opportunity into reality. We are relentless and fearless in our reimagining of what places can be, creating meaningful innovation that realizes many goals at once. We have honed a process of ideation, built upon intensive listening, extraordinarily deep research, transparently collaborative imagining, and deft consensus building. We think like owners, stewarding all the resources of the project to the greatest return.
SKILLS and QUALITIES required include:
- Strong design and graphic skills
- Strong and respectful writing and verbal communications skills; within the office, to clients, consultants and contractors.
- Fluency with REVIT, AutoCAD and Adobe suite skills
- Excellent digital design and visualization skills with 3d modeling programs, ie sketch-up; rhino
- Thoughtful and proactive approach in shaping design and documentation
- Highly organized with an eye for detail and problem solving
- Legal working status in the United States
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- A commitment to responsibility, integrity and accuracy
WHO WE ARE:
KSS Architects is an architecture, planning, and interior design firm with offices in Philadelphia and Princeton. Since our founding in 1983, we have built an impressive portfolio of work for clients who are leaders in education, land development, commercial real estate, and corporate environments.
We founded our practice on the strength of a collegial approach to problem solving. Since then, an expanding circle of clients in a variety of markets has relied on our dedication, creativity, and ability to bring a project to successful, timely completion. The proof is in our growing body of acclaimed designs, ranging from research laboratories to inner-city revitalization to large-scale industrial complexes.
Our work environment is collaborative, sometimes hectic, but always positive. We’re an award-winning firm whose team members are fun, family-oriented, and good at what they do. Our projects have been featured in a variety of publications from ARCHITECT magazine to The Wall Street Journal.
The position is located in our Princeton Office
Learn more about us on our Web site: www.kssarchitects.com