Senior Architect: 10 + years’ experience
Located in Princeton, New Jersey, or Philadelphia, Pennsylvania offices
KSS Architects is currently looking for a creative, talented and team-oriented project leader. The ideal candidate should be passionate about exceptional design, work well with people, and communicate their ideas and approach in a clear and thoughtful manner. You will work collectively with our dynamic firm to develop innovative, thoughtful and technical solutions for a range of client and project types.
- To be passionate about design excellence and the ability of architecture to affect meaningful change—transforming the heart of the matter beyond metal and mortar, into empowerment, creativity, knowledge and achievement.
- Participate and provide leadership in all aspects of practice; including programming, design, documentation and construction administration – particularly with an excellence in detailing
- Interface with clients at every level of a project, particularly towards relationship building and project success.
- Lead project teams – align in house staffing resources with project needs, budget and deadlines.
- Extensive experience putting buildings together. Aligning project goals with detailing from conceptual ideas and systems approach to detailing and construction administration.
- Strong and respectful writing and verbal communications skills; within the office, to clients, consultants and contractors.
- Experience working with a variety of building typology, materials & methods and construction delivery systems
- Strong design and visualization skills
- Fluency with REVIT & AutoCAD
- To be highly organized with an eye for detail and problem solving
- Legal working status in the United States
- Min. of a Bachelor or Master Degree in Architecture
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Ability to be collaborative and pro-active
Registered Architect, preferably with LEED Accreditation
Who we are
Our work environment is collaborative, sometimes hectic, but always positive. We’re an award-winning firm whose team members are fun, family-oriented, and good at what they do. Our projects have been featured in a variety of publications, from ARCHITECT magazine to The Wall Street Journal. Learn more about us on our website: www.kssarchitects.com. KSS Architects is an award-winning architecture, planning, and interior design firm with offices in Philadelphia and Princeton. Since our founding in 1983, we have built an impressive portfolio of work for clients who are leaders in education, land development, commercial real estate, and corporate environments.
Our team members have a diverse array of expertise, experience, and education. Each of us brings something different to the table. With our multitude of skills, we create environments that are beautiful, functional, relevant, and exceed expectations. We are great communicators, approachable, friendly and, most of all, dedicated to creating sustainable architecture that inspires people and communities. Collectively, we have mastered the intricacies of the architectural process by designing projects of every scope and complexity.
Salary: Based on experience
Instructions: Email resume and portfolio. Portfolio should not exceed 4 pages and 2 MB in file size. Online portfolios will not be reviewed.
Contact: Pamela Lucas Rew, AIA, Partner