Passionate about numbers and analysis? Looking for a creative team to join? KSS Architects is seeking a driven and talented Billing & Project Administrator. As part of our firm, you will develop innovative, thoughtful, and technical solutions for advancing our financial systems.
The Billing & Project Administrator (BPA) is an accounting and project support person who works in close collaboration with the firm’s Controller in the preparation and distribution of client invoices & consultant contracts for professional services. In addition, the BPA assists Project Managers with client & consultant communication and general project administrative
needs. The BPA reports to the Controller and assists with project accounting and reporting. The BPA is also responsible for consultant payables, cash receipts, and providing computer-generated status reports both internally to KSS management and to project clients as necessary. The BPA reconciles project records/spreadsheets to Deltek daily.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- Prepare and distribute client invoices via complex monthly billing under a variety of contract types, including Lump Sum, T&M, Cost Plus Fixed Fee and Schedule of Values contractual arrangements
- Respond to client inquiries regarding bills, as well as consultant inquiries regarding status of accounts
- Review, code, enter, and pay consultant payables
- Prepare & Maintain Consultant Purchase Orders & AIA Contracts
- Collaborate with Project Managers & Operational Executives to troubleshoot, analyze and resolve billing and revenue related to project activities
- Assist with the collection of accounts receivable balances
- Post cash receipts
- Assist Project Managers with project planning & forecasting
Additional responsibilities may be assigned by supervisor.
- Microsoft Excel
- Accounting Software (Deltek preferred but not required)
- Ability to learn new software programs
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Associate’s Degree in Business (or equivalent experience in related field)
- Related experience will be taken into consideration without degree
- Architecture and Engineering (A&E) Industry experience preferred
- Legal working status in the United States
WHO WE ARE:
On Monday mornings, we touch base firm-wide, taking turns leading a 3-minute project discussion. On Wednesdays at lunch we gather to learn about new approaches and techniques in design, management, and marketing. On Fridays at 4:30pm we kick back and veg out, with a side of trivia, board games, or succulent-planting parties. We are a serious firm that is also serious about having fun.
KSS Architects is an architecture, planning, and interior design firm with offices in Philadelphia & Princeton. Since our founding in 1983, we have built an impressive portfolio of work for clients who are leaders in education, land development, commercial real estate, and corporate environments.
We founded our practice on the strength of a participatory approach to problem-solving. Since then, an expanding circle of clients in a variety of markets has relied on our dedication, creativity, and ability to bring a project to successful, timely completion. Our growing body of acclaimed designs ranges from research laboratories to inner-city revitalization to large-scale industrial complexes.
Our culture is collaborative, intensive & always positive. We’re an award-winning firm whose team members are family-oriented and excel at what they do. We have been featured in publications from ARCHITECT magazine to The Wall Street Journal.